讨论:美国人探访纽约市最棒的烤鸭店,当面讨教北京烤鸭制法
2021-03-13 yzy86 29947
正文翻译


(视频简介)2019年10月21日发布,播放数253万,2.4万人点赞,1408人点踩;作者为订阅量259万人的美食频道Eater。
两位美国人为来自纽约市布鲁克林区Meat Hook肉店的屠夫Ben Turley和Brent Young,探访了纽约市曼哈顿西区Decoy餐馆的亚裔大厨Jeo Ng(学艺于香港),所用鸭只为5.5斤-6.5斤的加拿大鸭子





评论翻译
1、This guy just made duck tacos with pico de gallo, this would sell like cocaine in mexico.

这家伙就这样烹制出了加上了pico de gallo的墨西哥鸭肉卷饼,这玩意儿要是拿去墨西哥卖,会和可卡因一样火。



(译注:图为pico de gallo,也就是萨尔萨酱,传统上是由切碎的番茄、洋葱和塞拉诺辣椒以及盐,青柠汁和香菜制成的)

Duck is typically pretty expensive. Otherwise it would be more readily available.

(回复)鸭肉通常都相当昂贵。不然就会更容易买到了。

2、What a generous man. Unlike most , the chef actually revealed almost all his secrets in making the perfect peking duck, even going into detail. Really educational.

真是个慷慨的男人。和大部分人不同,这位大厨在制作完美的北京烤鸭上,还真是在倾囊相授啊,甚至连细节都谈到了。真是受教良多。

Yeah, very delicious looking duck recipe. but who would make it at home anyway.

(回复)是啊,看着就很美味的鸭肉菜。但又有谁会在家里烹制这道菜呢。

It's one thing to show the steps, but there's decades of experience and technique that can't be copied.

(回复)公开工序是一回事,但几十年的经验和手艺是无法复制的。

That's because no one is going to give 24 hrs into cooking a duck .

(回复)那是因为没人愿意花24个小时来烹制一只鸭子。

This is not traditional at all...

(回复)这种烹制法一点也不传统…

3、As I eat my Hot Pocket while watching the Perking Duck, I now know what my dog feels when he eats his food while watching me eat my hot pocket.

我一边吃我的hot pocket(即芝士肉馅派,为微波炉食品),一边在看这只北京烤鸭,我现在明白我家狗狗一边吃着狗粮一边看我吃热腾腾的hot pocket是什么感受了。


4、Biff looks like he's wearing a one piece women's bathing suit.

都想挠墙了,他(银发男)好像穿着件女士泳衣

Was about to comment this as well

(回复)我之前也想说这句来着

5、I'm taking my self out on a date to enjoy this magic.

我现在正自己个儿出去约会呢,就是为了享用这道神奇的菜肴。
原创翻译:龙腾网 https://www.ltaaa.cn 转载请注明出处


6、In the restaurant that Ive worked in, there's a few more extra steps. Especially at the finishing touch which is to hold the duck over a wok filled with hot oil then using a ladel to pour the oil over it.

我以前工作过的馆子里还会多出几道工序。特别是最后的一步,要提起鸭子放在一个充满热油的锅上,然后用大勺把油往上淋。

7、I actually like to dip the outer and VERY crispy layer of the duck skin on Osmanthus sugar. It tastes so good.

其实我喜欢把鸭皮上非常脆的外层拿去蘸桂花糖。美味至极。

8、Invite me for a dinner and u can serve me that leftover meat the chef didnt put in the plate i will still be Very happy

你可以请我吃顿饭,然后把那位大厨没有摆进盘子里的剩余部分上给我吃,我依然会很开心。

9、Joe reminds me of Jack Ma. Just that he’s a little darker and more street.

这位Joe大厨让我想到了马云。只是他更黑更江湖气一点。

10、Props to the first guy who experimented with blowing air into the carcass.

把赞美献给史上第一个尝试对着死尸吹气的家伙

He was caught doing something he shouldn’t have to a duck carcass and BOOM! Peking Duk

当时他被人抓到在做一些不该对鸭尸做的事情,然后北京烤鸭就华丽丽地诞生了!
原创翻译:龙腾网 https://www.ltaaa.cn 转载请注明出处


11、Why is there so much raw duck hanging next to and touching hanging cooked duck?

为啥那里挂着的那么多生鸭子,会紧挨着烤熟的鸭子呢?

Duck is not a germ bomb like chicken is that's why you can eat it slightly pink.

(回复)和鸡不同,鸭子可不是满身细菌的炸弹,这就是为什么还带着点粉红色的鸭肉是可以吃的。

12、Is it me or the hanging ducks expression just like " Heeeyyyyyyyy"

那些挂着的鸭子,表情像是在说“嘿你好”,只有我一个人这么觉得吗?

13、I'm sitting at home with no food, torturing myself by watching this.

我正呆坐在家里,啥吃的都没有,看这个视频简直是自我折磨啊。

14、That looks DUCKING amazing!!!

这瞧着也太他鸭惊艳了!!

15、They all look so happy - the ducks I mean!

TA们看上去都好开心啊,我指的是那些鸭子!
原创翻译:龙腾网 https://www.ltaaa.cn 转载请注明出处


16、I like that, he deserve an award. He tells every information why they do and its purpose.
Now, I have reason to hunt down ducks of my neighbor.

我好喜欢这个啊,应该给这大厨颁个奖。他把所有的信息都讲出来了,为什么要这么做,以及每一步的目的。

17、I went to this restaurant last month. I'm still dreaming about it now. Amazing!

这家馆子我上个月去过。至今我都会馋而思之。好吃的不得了!

18、No secrets, all the way to time and temp! That’s amazing.
What a cool chef

没有什么秘诀,全靠时间和温度!太让人惊叹了呢。
这大厨好酷啊

19、Anyone else think the duck would explode when he filled it with air?

只有我一个人觉得当他往里头灌气的时候这鸭子会爆炸吗?

20、That’s the worst Beijing duck I have ever seen. I was born and raised in Beijing, so trust me.

这是我迄今见过的最稀烂的北京烤鸭了。我在北京出生和长大,所以相信我没错的。

21、It might be good but honestly it cannot compare to the way Peking duck are made in traditional way along with sugarcane husk for smoky flavor.

(印度人)也许还不错吧,但坦白说,它没法和传统制法的北京烤鸭媲美,为了产生烟熏味,后者会加入甘蔗皮来烤。

22、Duck it's 15 - 20 % meat after cooking I like Peking Chiken

(俄语区)该死,拷完后只留下了15-20%的肉了,我还是喜欢北京烤鸡

23、'the jowl is more expensive than the meat'
Smiles in whole animal butcher

“鸭下巴比鸭肉还贵呢”
屠宰动物的师傅们都笑了

24、맛있겠다 !!!

看起来很美味!!
原创翻译:龙腾网 https://www.ltaaa.cn 转载请注明出处


25、Can I have some of that roasted duck fat please!!

能给我吃一点那烤鸭上的肥油吗?求求你们了1

26、You call it Peking duck

就这?你管这玩意儿叫北京烤鸭?
原创翻译:龙腾网 https://www.ltaaa.cn 转载请注明出处


27、Quote of the episode: "thats the first time I've pumped air into the carcass of a duck" what other carcasses have they pumped full of air?

引用原话:“这是我第一次往鸭尸里灌注空气”,他们还用空气灌满过其他什么尸体吗?

It's pretty much common to pump air right beneath the skin of carcasses, it helps to separate it from the body. I've done it once to a deer and I know several people doing it to pigs.

(回复)往尸体皮肤的下方灌气还是相当常见的,这样有助于皮脂分离。我对一头鹿干过这种事,我也知道有几个人对猪干过。

28、this made me search : where can i get Peking duck near me

这视频把我勾地,我都去搜索我家附近哪里能吃到北京烤鸭了

29、I'm a meat cutter and I approve this show

我是个切肉工,我给这个视频点了赞

30、I remember ordering this from the chinese resturent every once in a while at my dorm, best food I ever has besides my moms enchiladas and sushi

我还记得,我每隔一段时间就会从我的宿舍里向那家中餐馆点这道菜,除了我妈做的玉米卷饼和寿司,是我迄今吃过的最棒的菜肴

31、I've never had Peking duck. I dont even know if I like duck. But it looks soooo good!

我从来没吃过北京烤鸭。我甚至都不清楚自己喜不喜欢吃鸭子。但它看起来好勾人呦!

32、I think everyone was waiting for the duck to explode. LOL

我感觉所有人都在坐等那只鸭子爆炸啊哈哈

33、He didn’t mention some key ingredients such as what sauce did he put it in the duck after the salt and how long in the oven. Listen carefully

有些关键原料他并没有提到,比如上了盐以后往鸭腔子里涂抹的酱汁具体是什么,以及要在烤炉里烤多长时间。仔细听就知道了。

34、Wow he teachings like my chef at class. Awesome.

哇,他的教导很像我那个班里的大厨。好厉害。

35、OMG! 50 years ago when they keep blowing into duck to make the skin crispy can you imagine how many blow jobbers they have to hire.

额的亲娘诶!五十年前,他们一直是用嘴来吹鸭子的,好烹制出脆脆的鸭皮,你能想象他们为了能被录用,练习过多少次口活吗?

36、Watching this on an empty stomach was a mistake...

空腹看这个,好吧是我的错…

37、Damn I need those skins

该死,我一定要吃到那些鸭皮

38、THIS IS HOW THINGS GO Extinct!

好多物种就是这样灭绝的!

39、Always wondered what type of oven was used. Thanks.

我一直都很想知道他们用的是哪种类型的烤炉。多谢了。

You could actually use your home oven. Just make sure you have a drip pan, a hanger and a whole duck.

(回复)其实你可以用那种家用的烤炉。只是要确保你有集油盘、挂钩和一整只鸭子。

40、You can really find everything in New York.

在纽约,还真是什么东西都能找到啊。

yeah pretty much u can find any types of drug

(回复)是啊,任何一种毒品差不多都能找到。

The thing is tho NYC doesnt have anything. It all has to get shipped and trucked in. So the best place to be would be at the duck farm in canada.

(回复)但问题是,纽约本身什么也不产。各种东西都必须海运过来,再装上卡车送过来。所以吃烤鸭最完美的地方会是加拿大的养鸭场。

You are so wrong long island used to be duck island, cause there were so many duck farms on long island. But a lot has closed but the one remaining farm supplies 90% of ny chinese restaurants it's called Crescent Duck Farm

(回复)这你就大错特错了,从前的长岛是一个鸭子岛,因为那里以前有大量的养鸭场。但很多已经倒闭了,但还是留下来了一家,90%的纽约中餐馆都是由这家供货的,它的名字叫新月养鸭场。

41、When you realise that even the duck full of air had ABS and you dont.......

然后你就发现,连充满气的鸭子都有六块腹肌,而你却没有…

42、One of my favorite dishes.
In my town I can get the whole duck for $20.

这是我最爱的菜肴之一啊
在我的镇子里,整只鸭子只要20美元就能拿下。

43、I eat meat and love pecking duck. But somehow I don’t know why I feel sad while watching this duck being cooked

我是吃肉的,也很喜欢北京烤鸭,但不知怎么的,我看着这只鸭子被料理,心里感到很悲桑啊。

44、I am drooling like a Pavlov dog right now,...And I have NO way to satiate my craving,.....But ,...soon.

此刻的我口舌生津,活像巴普洛夫的狗…而我也没有任何法子能充分满足我这种饕餮欲…不过嘛,快了…

45、WAIT A MINUTE....No gloves

等等…没戴手套哦

46、Point out a mistake in the videos. Peking Duck comes from Beijing, which in the old days called Peking. However, this dish initially comes from Nanjing, which is the south part of China. Nanjing used to be the capital of china 600 years ago, the emperor at that time decide to move the money to Beijing. The emperor at that time loves this type of duck dish, So when he moved to the capital, he brought a group of ducks. Also he bring this dish to Beijing, from then on, it is called piking duck.

我要指出视频中的一个错误。北京(从前叫Peking)烤鸭是北京的菜肴,不过这道菜最初是从南京传过来的,南京属于中国南方。在六百年以前,南京曾是中国的首都,那时候的皇帝决定把财富都迁往北京。当时的皇帝钟爱这道鸭子菜,于是在他迁都的时候带上了一群鸭子。他也把这道菜带到了北京,从那以后,这道菜就叫北京烤鸭了。

47、I need to throw up

看得我都要吐了

48、Younger brother of Jack Ma....

马云的弟弟…

49、It pains me to see they're not saving all that duck fat

我的心在流血啊,他们都没有把所有的鸭油留下来

50、that duck oven cost £1.5k my dad has got one :)

那个烤鸭炉子1500英镑就能买到,我爸就买了一个

51、The final duck roll is totally not authentic, but man it looks tasty

最后的那个烤鸭卷一点也不正宗,但是天呐,瞧着好美味啊

52、In Vietnam country is easy to do the businesses more than U.S country. You don't have the house even though you are restaurant owner. You can live right your restaurant other rooms. That can saves money for you. If you have mistake ex rats go around in your restaurant that is ok .but law in U.S country you could be closed the door of your restaurant or sued from customers.

在越南做生意会比美国简单。就算你是餐馆老板 ,你也不一定要有一栋房子。你可以住在你餐馆的其他房间里。这样你就能省钱。如果你出了错,搞得餐馆里老鼠满地跑,也是没啥问题的。但如果按照美国的法律,可能你的馆子就得关门,或是被顾客告上法庭。

53、One duck only has one jaw and 2 legs killed me

“一只鸭子只有一个下巴,却有两条腿”…我死了

54、For the chef... amazing man.
Those two men...they were making faces even when he was explaining. Rude and no respect !

这大厨是个妙人。
至于那俩男人…连大厨在讲解的时候,他们都在嬉皮笑脸。真是粗鲁,一点也不尊重人!

55、0:36 why does it have to look at me like that tho.....

0分36秒处,为啥它要用这种眼神盯着我看啊…

If you can’t accept that your food came from a living animal who didn’t want to die, then you might want to seriously consider not eating it

(回复)如果你无法接受你的食物来自一只不想死的活物,但你也许应该认真考虑一下不要去吃它

56、Not even close to the best Peking Duck IMO, the skin has to be crispy af. And that pancake...

在我看来,这和最好的烤鸭还差得远呢,那鸭皮必须特别脆到不能再脆才行。至于那个薄饼,我都不想说了…

57、This is cruel, pls be vegetarian. Never

这很残忍,请做一个素食主义者。绝不要吃这种东西

58、What do they do with all the duck fat?

剩下那么多鸭油,他们会如何处理?

59、This is far from a real peking duck.. The restaurant has zero chance of survival in China if this served as the main dish.

这个距离真正的北京烤鸭还差得远。要是这家馆子给客人上这样的主菜,在中国那是完全没有活路的。

60、Pray to god some flesh eating alien civilization dont finds us, this woulbe our grim future lol

上帝保佑,别让那些个吃肉的外星文明发现我们,不然视频中的这些就会是我们的恐怖未来呵呵

很赞 2
收藏